Friday, June 04, 2010

Hockey anticipation and a quicker than quick look back at Game 3…

Gawd, what a week!!

Post-holiday weeks always wear this bitch out.

Anyhoo, I neglected to post about Game 3 in the NHL Stanley Cup Finals…my bad…but I did watch!

The Flyers beat the Hawks in overtime and it was a nail biter of a game – it had goals that were goals, a goal that was a goal but wasn’t called a goal until after play was allowed to continue for multiple minutes and an overtime goal that wasn’t a goal followed by one that was a goooooooal.

Lawd, have mercy.

The Hawks are still up 2 games to 1 in the series with Game 3 tonight in Philly.

I leave you to your hockey anticipatude with this link to a clip of Don Cherry acting a fool as he channels the Phantom of the Opera.

No, I’m not kidding.

Toodles!

2 comments:

davidly said...

Damn! I was hopin' you meant this guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNXePvT5H0s

That'd've been some phantom action, though.

"Go Hacks!"

Unknown said...

Well, after seeing these last three games with all the hitting, intensity and bad blood we've come to expect in the Stanley Cup Final, I'm hoping Grapes is satisfied now.

Never let it be said though that Don Cherry is nothing but--uh--rather colorful. To say the least anyway. *lol*

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...