Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Food for the Soul

To update y'all on my points/soul food situation. My co-worker Rob and I headed over to Delmonico's for lunch today. I had smothered chicken. mashed potatoes and stewed cabbage with a piece of corn bread. It was so good it made me want to jump up and smack somebody! I have not counted the points and really I don't intend to - why spoil it?

Rob had smothered pork steak and the same sides. He said it made him feel like he was home in Kentucky. Particularly the corn bread.

Delmonico's is a wonderful little slice of Black history here in STL, with embroidered quotes from the bible and pictures of MLK and Mike Tyson on the wall. It's the kinda place where people speak when they walk past you and portions are generous. I can't think of a better place to indulge my food cravings with a portion of Black folk's culture thrown in at no charge.

No comments:

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...